Horizon Europe – Key Facts
Who can apply?
You must apply as part of a consortium. Startups, SMEs, corporates, universities, research organisations, cities, regions, charities, not-for-profits, non-government organisations, associations and more.
Prototyping, demonstrating and scaling innovative solutions to societial challenges.
€1m to €40m.
Typically 5months from submission.
Single Stage or Two Stage depending on the call.
Hundreds of live calls covering a wide range of topics.
Useful Resources for Horizon Europe
We have collated some useful resources below to help you work out whether and how to apply:
- Check out the Funding and Tenders webpage where you can find all the live calls and search for suitable opportunities. Clicking on each call will provide specific information on the scope, scale, type of action, budget, eligibility and expected outcomes. There is also an FAQ for most calls and links to more useful documents.
- For an overview of the entire Horizon Europe programme, a great place to start is the Work Programme document.
- The Enterprise Europe Network are tasked with being a ‘helping hand’ for all applicants to the Horizon Europe programme. As well as fielding initial question, they can also help in the search for partners and suitable funding opportunities.
Our R&D Grant Writing Services
We have been writing EU grants since 2009 with a success rate comparable with the market-leading consultants and freelancers. We have an active joint venture with Impact Funding Europe where we are able to offer this service on a ‘success-only’ fee basis.
- Lead the entire process – defining the project, sourcing partners, developing a budget, writing the grant application, developing the work plan, creating appendices, managing partners, submitting the application online, managing compliance, organising the kick-off meeting, financial reporting, technical reporting and project management.
- Work collaboratively – if you have a consortium and project, but need an experience grant writer to pull the content together to deliver a high-quality application – we can help. Native English speakers experienced in managing partners and creating outstanding content for a wide range of sectors.
- Improve a past submission – European grants are highly competitive – we can lead the process of improving past grant applications to get you over the line.
- Expert Review – We are happy to spend a few days reviewing / commenting / editing your grant application to lift your score as high as possible.
Get in touch
We offer a few ways to proceed from here – Contact Us to:
- Setup an initial video call
- Review a project summary
- Review a pitch deck
- Review a past application
There are no fees involved at this stage – we just want to add some value by providing honest advice on your chances of success. After that and if you want to work with us, we can talk about how to work together in a way that suits you and your business.
R&D Funding Case Studies
Venturenomix brings 15 years of experience to the process of developing projects and applications for R&D grant funding.
The directors founded and built a market-leading UK-based R&D grant writing consultancy between 2009 and 2019 with specialist knowledge in Innovate UK EDGE grant funding. Since 2019, we have expanded our knowledge into European R&D grants under the Horizon 2020 and Horizon Europe programmes.
We have been actively involved in securing over £100m in R&D grant funding for startups, scaleups, established businesses, universities, cities, NGOs, NFPs and more! If you are seeking to bring innovative technologies to market, working on novel research or looking to deploy novel approaches in your city – it is worth exploring R&D Grant funding.
“We have been very well looked after in this process of defining a compelling EU grant funding project. This was the first EU R&I grant that the City of Kiel has been involved in and we are delighted that the application was approved for funding.”
“Overall, the project addresses the criterion very well, in particular: Open Science aspects are sufficiently defined, the approach to gender dimension in research is well defined, interdisciplinary aspects are well-considered, and the methodology is sound. The proposal clearly goes beyond current state-of-the-art, and the objectives are clear and pertinent. Project is recommended for funding.”